12.28.2007

Right Here

Sometimes people give you words of wisdom, words to live by, even though they make think it is nothing, its something that will forever stick in your mind, and present itself at the most needed times.

Some of those words of wisdom that came back to me recently were those said by Chief Russell Stevens during my firefighter 1 academy...

"What are you gonna do if you get in a house, you get trapped, you dont know where to go...
You gonna give up???
Or are you gonna try to get out???
NEVER EVER EVER GIVE UP!
If you give up your DEAD,

END OF STORY!"

I think these words of wisdom can be applied to almost anything in life, and i have found that these words have popped into my head alot lately, No matter how hard it gets you stick by those you care about, just as it relates to the fire service, you never ever leave your partner, many of us have certian "rituals" or sayings before we enter a fire, one utilized by my partner and i, was "going in alive, coming out the same way" or "you go, i go" and that same attitude so be applied to things outside of work, such as the ones you care about.
Ive learned firsthand lately how things like that work, and its mind blowing because it completely defies my character and everything ive ever done before, and im sure there is a reason for that. Things may not be working out perfectly just yet, but i have faith that they will.
Just like another great piece of wisdom to live by, as spoken by Winston Churchill,

"Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no happiness. "

The phrase ...victory however long and hard the road may be... thats the one that hits home the hardest, because as we all know, nothing worth having in life comes easy, so that is why im prepared to sit..and wait.. just like my favorite song

I've made a commitment
I'm willing to bleed for you
I needed fulfillment
I found what I need in you

But you always find a way
To keep me right here waiting

And thats what i intend to do.....


No comments: